Kale Chips Recipe

On my journey to becoming healthier, I have been trying out some new recipes. Today was Kale Chips. I used the recipe that I found at Averie Cooks.

Averie’s Raw Vegan Kale Chips Recipe for 1 Bunch of Kale
1 c cashews (soaked for a few hours)
1 Red Pepper
Juice of half a lemon (2 Tbsp)
1/3 c Nooch (Nutritional Yeast)
1 Tsp Salt (or to taste)

Wash the kale & remove tough stalks, de-seed the red pepper, drain off your soaked cashews. Put all the ingredients into a Food Processor and blend everything together. Apply the coating to the kale. Bake in a 300° F oven for 20 minutes, flip, then baking another 10 minutes or so. Watch the Kale Chips very closely because everyone’s oven temps and desired kale chip crispiness level differs, so plan on babysitting your oven for about 45 minutes in total. 

I will tell you that the kale chips DO NOT taste like Lay's Potato Chips. However, the crunch of a kale chip is very similar to that of a thin potato chip. I was pleasantly surprise to find that I did not hate the kale chips. In fact, I like them a lot. I find I like them even better after they have set out for a couple of hours. I am not a huge fan of the nuts though. Also, I need to perfect the use of my oven better. Burt kale STINKS! 

I plan on trying a different recipe next time. Just olive oil, salt, garlic powder, simply organic BBQ grinder, and Nutritional Yeast. No Food Processor needed for that one. Yum.

My First Batch



1 comment: